Wednesday 2 February 2011

Frustration

Anyone who knows me in real life will know that I suffer from a fairly long term depression. Until now, it has never impacted on my creative side; I has consistently used it as an escape from reality; who could be depressed when looking at such beautiful things?

Until now.

What is it? Loss of mojo? No, I have a million and one ideas...I just can't get my head around construction. My brain is so slow at the moment, I look at the components and think that I cannot possibly do anything. Added to that whilst cutting some wire today I took a chunk off my index finger, I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with me!

My resin experiments are going sorely wrong, I've wrecked a bangle mould and I've lost patience with just about everything right now. Having said that, at least I have a tonne of inspiration, so I guess I'll just have to keep drawing and writing about it until the ability comes back!

Until then I have so many beautiful things stashed away in my bookmarks folder to stare at, including the incredibly beautiful Skinner Studio, a complete resin mistress.

Hopefully I'll be back with photos or at least something!

No comments: